Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AndyPoms
CBenson wrote:I don't know. If it were up to me, I would not be connecting two freeways with a primary street segment.
There are other roads that are connected to that, it's not just between two ramps.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
jasonh300 wrote:
PhantomBlack wrote:I think this is a good time to go over the freeways in the area. People like to add all the little connectors between the two directions that are for police and service vehicles. Not sure if I should delete them or change to parking lot. If I delete them they will just pop back up as a street or something.
I delete them and lock the freeway. Freeways are supposed to be locked at a high level anyway, and no experienced editor should be putting those in, so the lock should keep it from coming back.
We delete them here in CT too.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by bgodette
WeeeZer14 wrote:Unnamed parking lot road is the preference of most. That will surpress traffic jam reporting if someone goes slow through there.

Also, service road is NOT an alley. It is a road which is parallel to a highway or major road that lets you get to businesses and residences that face the major road. This point admittedly isn't very clear to many.
And is about to become irrelevant as the type is going away.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AggieJM wrote:So if they become "Street" will this break longer distance routing where a service road is used between the exit from one freeway and the entrance to another? I know it's an issue with Service Road right now, but it seems the fix would be to allow Service Roads in long distance routing. But if they all become street, then there will be no way around this.
Those types of roads should be Primary or Minor. The whole "frontage road" bit was really bad and was likely meant for utility and repair access, not the 55+ mph parallel roads that act as secondary routes and mid-exit access to business and side streets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
PhantomBlack wrote:I think this is a good time to go over the freeways in the area. People like to add all the little connectors between the two directions that are for police and service vehicles. Not sure if I should delete them or change to parking lot. If I delete them they will just pop back up as a street or something.
Parking Lot is usually what I mark them as, just because they don't report jams and the remote possibility of the *HP running Waze. The other reasonable choice is Private since they are supposedly for emergency/maintenance/police and are not public roads.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by BillT42
But this means they will be used for directions, which means that Waze will tell you to take a shortcut through the ex-service road if the main road is busy.
Looks like a bad 'improvement" to me.
BillT42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
If a road truly should not be used for routing, it is best to make it a private road or possibly a parking lot road.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I don't know. If it were up to me, I would not be connecting two freeways with a primary street segment.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by edsonajj
bgodette wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Unnamed parking lot road is the preference of most. That will surpress traffic jam reporting if someone goes slow through there.

Also, service road is NOT an alley. It is a road which is parallel to a highway or major road that lets you get to businesses and residences that face the major road. This point admittedly isn't very clear to many.
And is about to become irrelevant as the type is going away.
What???? :o We have used this road type extensively in México with great success... What is going to happen to all the roads that are classified as Service Roads and what will be the new way of handling them?
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
AndyPoms wrote:
edsonajj wrote:
bgodette wrote:]And is about to become irrelevant as the type is going away.
What???? :o We have used this road type extensively in México with great success... What is going to happen to all the roads that are classified as Service Roads and what will be the new way of handling them?
They will be reassigned to the "Street" type.
And I assume that it will be considered the new correct way to handle frontage roads?
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez