Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

red light camera's

Post by BigKevSterz
Hi
I do not get an audible warning when approaching; but I do get screen warning.

1, is it me, not switched an option on?
2, are they supposed to give audible warning, because I have got others that don't. (I am new)

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-2.1 ... TTTTTTTTFT

Thanks

Kev
BigKevSterz

POSTER_ID:16367166

Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

I have received audible warnings for red light cams before although I haven't noticed any recently.
I assume that you mean This camera?
Try, where safe to do so, approaching at the speed limit an see if you then get a warning or are you already doing so?

I will be driving past a couple in the next few days so I'll see if I get the audible.

Des. . . ;)
Hi
Thanks Des,
yes that is the one and it is set at 0, I thought this would then give an audible? can't see anything I have missed switching on in waze, but I have some more. Just thought I would ask about this one first.
I really don't want to be looking at my screen everywhere I go.

Thanks

Kev

PS. it says you updated it today, what have you done? did you just refresh the speed etc?
I can check it tomorrow
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz
Hi
I tried it again today several times. I get a visual warning but no audio.
I tried all settings to see if I had missed switching something on and I still had no verbal warning. I approached another speed camera and got verbal warning so my settings must be ok.
I found this instruction.
When the speed is set the Wazer will receive an audible warning in the client when approaching the camera whist exceeding the speed set. If no speed is set the Wazer will always receive an audible warning.
Any ideas?

thanks.

Kev
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz

Could be a dodgy camera? If you're passing, I suggest you report another red light cam and replace the existing one with the new one.. :)

Des. . . ;)
Hi
Thanks for that, but I have others that are exactly the same :?
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz

Test replace with this one so we can see what's happening. I'll be passing a couple in Notts over the next day or so and can report my findings as well.

Des. . . ;)
Hi
I tried replacing it and when I got home nothing shows in my editor except the original one. I got no verbal warnings and also no verbal warnings from this camera the same thing, however I do get warnings from speed cameras if I go too fast.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-2.1 ... TTTTTTTTFT

thanks
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz
Hi
On the same street I have an issue.
PhilNaughton changed this camera to 0 and it works excellant, it tells you 300 yds before that there is a camera.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... ras=381625

However on the same road at the traffic lights PhiNaughton updated this and today it still does not give an audible warning, I have added another camera and see when it is live if the issue can be resolved.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTTTTTFTT
I really do think this needs an answer? or I will bin it :x

thanks

Kev :)
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz

I have created a test red light cam which I will update when it shows.

However, I did drive past several today at the speed limit of the road. Whilst I am getting verbal for speed cam's I get nothing for any of the red light cams I passed. The warning pop-up did show but no verbal.
I take it then there is a bug with the red light cams..?

Des. . . ;)
Hi
Thanks for doing the test runs, I have also done plenty of testing and found the same on every traffic light camera, visual but no audio. 7 in total

I have had %100 warning on speed cameras including the ones PhiNaughton changed to Zero.

I am on Galaxy S2 4.1.2

Where and HOW do we get some help on this?

thanks

Kev :geek:
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz
Vannerslund wrote:I have been driving today and passed several speed cameras. On a number of them I got a visual warning but no verbal warning.

Is the verbal supressed when you stay bellow the speedlimit?

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
We are discussing in this thread that we are not getting an audible warning at traffic light camera's only a visual warning. And yes an audible warning should be at every traffic light cam.
At speed cameras you will only get an audible warning if you are exceeding the speed limit, and that part is working properly.

Have fun

Kev :mrgreen:
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz
Vannerslund wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Sorry for the intrusion on the subject. I searched and found what I thougt to be a related topic :-)
Hi
No Problem, we were talking about camera's so you are on topic.

Thanks

Kev :mrgreen:
BigKevSterz
Send a message

Post by BigKevSterz
iainhouse wrote:Just a note about "philnaughton" editing the cameras - it may not have been. Cameras show the name of whoever last edited them - ie moved, approved or changed speed. If an app user clicks "not there", the date on the camera will change but NOT the username. It will therefore appear that the original editor has made recent changes when, in fact, they haven't.
Hi
Thanks for the input, but these cameras have been changed from 30mph to 0 so a user could not change them, and also these cameras have been at the same spot opposite each other for years, so why would someone post they are not there? I suppose we do have idiots on waze but they cannot change speeds and I have seen these change by Phil whilst we were investigating the problem, Phil was also pm'd at the time he changed them and I got no reply.

thanks for input how can we report this for waze tech too sort? All red light cams set on 0 only give visual with no audio, but speed camera's set on 0 give visual and audio.

kev :mrgreen:
BigKevSterz
Send a message