Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Lost editable areas

Post by
EDIT BY MOD to help with understanding the status:

Complaints are coming in from both servers, all over the world.

This was called directly to the attention of the developers yesterday morning, and they have acknowledged the problem and are investigating the possible causes.

--

I seem to have lost part of my (previously) editable area.
Now the editable area is broken into sections? (It wasn't before?)
Well, I seem to be missing some...
Trying to go back to an area to tidy something up, and can't....

POSTER_ID:7937387

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
scottlac wrote:So....why is it locked and who do I ask to unlock?
You can PM the last editor, or there is a "Unlock Requests" forum under Map/Editing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
scottlac wrote:Meanwhile, I'm still trying to put some rural county roads on the map and...still can't.
Post unlock requests to the Unlock Requests forum.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Are those in areas you hadn't driven in a real long time and just went through again in the last few days, or have you been a regular visitor? Is this an AM area or just a driven/editable area?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
GeekNJ wrote:Is there an expiration on areas driven thru? That still wouldn't explain the new areas just 1 week old.
Yes. 30 days I believe? It would if the drives through those areas do not show on your dashboard yet. Once the drives are processed, your editable area will include it. If the drives ARE processed, and are within 30 days old, then a problem is likely.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
GeekNJ wrote:I'm 100% sure the drives from last week show as processed and are not editable in the update map. Must be a problem.
I would submit a ticket from the Quick Help box/forum (send email) on the Support page. I am not 100% certain that "drive processing" is the same process which enabled the editable areas. There is a "merger process" but I am not sure if that's the same thing as the "drive processing" phrase I have used. The code and work done to analyze drives is very complex and may take longer than I'm thinking to update editable areas.

Post back here any answer you get from Waze!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:Anyone contacted support?
viewtopic.php?p=285149#p285149
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:BTW most reports I've seen seems to be on the INTL, is anyone having the same on USA? It may be relevant for the developers to know it it happens on both platforms or only INTL, I suppose.
OP was New Jersey, US.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
hickpop wrote:Does anyone know the status of this bug? It's still happening--I took a drive today and the entire drive is posted, but part of it is still uneditable. And the prior one I had still hasn't been fixed.
A drive you took today will not likely expand your area immediately. The processing and posting of the drive is, if I am not mistaken, a separate process which happens prior to the granting of additional area. I could be wrong about this, but I would say it could still take a day or two to see your expanded area.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by alvaro9000
one more from Spain. the last trips made this saturday are lost, altought previous trips, from october 26, are still editable.

trips are there and if I click them, they are shown in green in the map, but in the not editable area

best regards
alvaro9000
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
[img]https:///0NAfp[/img]https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... d-0300.png
AM de Navarra

Post by Andrej_Bizjak
HI Guys. I am also missing around 1200 km of newly driven roads. About a year ago I had to reinstal my cellphone and after reinstaling the Waze app, a few drives, loging in and driving some more, I noticed that I lost my entire drive to Dubrovnik in Croatia, and also a lot of roads already driven in Slovenia are missing. And there is also my trip towards Hungary that is missing as well. Now I am not able to fix issues and edit map around these lost areas.

How can I get them back? Can anyone please help?
Thak You
Andrej_Bizjak
Send a message