The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
How is it I'm the only one that knows about a segment's slowest 50m at junctions?
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Search the forums for 'slowest 50 meters' and you'll find several instances, such as this from The Fej.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ers#p12741

I didn't just join the Waze community yesterday. ;) So, yes, junctions are important.
gettingthere wrote:
Shorty-CM wrote:How is it I'm the only one that knows about a segment's slowest 50m at junctions?
Source?
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
CBenson, surely it's the 50 meters thing.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Argue and spew all the nonsense you like. I'm done talking about something that I already know how it works. I really don't care if you do or not. Heh. Clearly you just don't want to be wrong, because somehow that improves your day. :roll:
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
CBenson, but that was yesterday. Today it works differently. It must! Yesterday is in the past, and you don't know what changes were made since then. 8-) *ducks*
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Solution: Leave junctions alone.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
It's more important for Waze to fix the bugs than it is for you to find ways to avoid them.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Well, I'll have to disagree with you. I think it makes no sense to alter the map to avoid bugs, when the bugs should be reported and sorted out instead. Otherwise the code will remain buggy. The fact that there will always be bugs does not mean we should accept them. Ask any coder, and they'd rather fix the bugs than workaround them. I've been using Waze long enough (longer than you) to know that things do in fact get fixed. I've helped a little bit in getting quite a few things fixed since I've been here, as I'm sure more than a few of us have.

edit - fax? Hehe damn iPhone typos.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by Shorty-CM on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Shorty-CM
There's definitely something wrong with the routing server regarding turn restrictions. I've been having a back-and-forth via email with them for some time about it, but I don't know if that's going anywhere.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message